How to Link PAN with Aadhaar: Are you struggling to link your PAN card with Aadhaar? In this article, we will guide you through the process of linking your PAN card with Aadhaar, step by step. The linking of PAN with Aadhaar is mandatory as per the Income Tax Department of India. Failing to do so may lead to a penalty or even deactivation of your PAN card.
What is PAN and Aadhaar?
PAN (Permanent Account Number)
PAN or Permanent Account Number is a 10-digit alphanumeric code issued by the Income Tax Department of India to every taxpayer in the country. It serves as a unique identification number for every taxpayer and is used for various financial transactions such as filing income tax returns, opening bank accounts, and investing in mutual funds.
Aadhaar is a 12-digit unique identification number issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) to every resident of India. Aadhaar serves as proof of identity and address for various purposes such as opening bank accounts, obtaining a mobile connection, and availing government services.
Why is Linking PAN with Aadhaar Important?
The Government of India has made it mandatory to link PAN with Aadhaar. The primary reason for this is to curb tax evasion and black money. By linking PAN with Aadhaar, the government can track all financial transactions of an individual and ensure that taxes are paid on time. Failure to link PAN with Aadhaar may lead to deactivation of your PAN card, which means that you won’t be able to use it for any financial transactions.
How to Link PAN with Aadhaar?
The process of linking PAN with Aadhaar is simple and can be done online or offline. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to link PAN with Aadhaar:
- Visit the official website of the Income Tax Department of India at https://www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/.
- Click on the “Link Aadhaar” option under the “Quick Links” section on the left-hand side of the page.
- Enter your PAN number, Aadhaar number, and name as per Aadhaar in the respective fields.
- Click on the “Link Aadhaar” button.
- Your PAN card will be linked with Aadhaar if the details entered by you match with the details in the Aadhaar database.
- Visit the nearest PAN Service Center or NSDL TIN Facilitation Center.
- Fill in the PAN-Aadhaar linking form (Form 49A).
- Submit the form along with a self-attested copy of your PAN card and Aadhaar card.
- Your PAN card will be linked with Aadhaar within a few days.
Things to Keep in Mind While Linking PAN with Aadhaar
- Make sure that your name and date of birth on both PAN and Aadhaar are the same. In case of any discrepancy, get it rectified before linking PAN with Aadhaar.
- Linking PAN with Aadhaar is free of cost, so beware of fraudsters who may ask for money to link PAN with Aadhaar.
- The deadline for linking PAN with Aadhaar has been extended several times, so keep an eye on the latest updates by the government.
- In case of any issues while linking PAN with Aadhaar, contact the Income Tax Department’s helpline at 1800-180-1961.
Here are some frequently asked questions regarding linking PAN with Aadhaar:
1. Is it mandatory to link PAN with Aadhaar?
Yes, it is mandatory to link PAN with Aadhaar as per the Income Tax Department of India.
2. What happens if I don’t link PAN with Aadhaar?
If you don’t link PAN with Aadhaar, your PAN card may get deactivated, which means that you won’t be able to use it for any financial transactions.
3. Can I link PAN with Aadhaar for someone else?
No, you cannot link PAN with Aadhaar for someone else. The individual has to link their own PAN with Aadhaar.
4. What is the deadline for linking PAN with Aadhaar?
The deadline for linking PAN with Aadhaar has been extended several times. Keep an eye on the latest updates by the government for the deadline.
5. Can I link multiple PAN cards with one Aadhaar?
No, you cannot link multiple PAN cards with one Aadhaar. Each PAN card has to be linked with a separate Aadhaar.
Linking PAN with Aadhaar is mandatory as per the Income Tax Department of India. It is a simple process that can be done online or offline. Make sure to keep your name and date of birth on both PAN and Aadhaar the same and stay alert of fraudsters.
HDFC Two Wheeler Loan : पात्रता, लाभ , विशेषताएं, ब्याज दरें, जरूरी दस्तावेज, आवेदन कैसे करें?